eXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR SPEAKERS ARE NOW CLOSED
CREATE is now accepting expressions of interest for speakers at our Voices in Action Conference in March 2024, in Adelaide.
CREATE’s biennial Voices in Action Conference will bring together around 500-600 attendees from across Australia, including young people with a care experience, carers, practitioners in the out-of-home care system and related systems and representatives from state and territory child protection agencies.
The Conference is an opportunity for young people to tell policy makers about the changes they want to see in the care system. It’s also an opportunity for experts (including young people, researchers, practitioners and others) to come together to showcase best practice and innovations emerging nationally and internationally and to highlight reforms and initiatives.
The theme this year is: Your Stories. Stronger together. For more information about our conference, please visit the website here,
Information for speakers
We are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from speakers to lead a variety of different sessions at the Conference, including presentations on research, projects or initiatives, workshops, or panel-style sessions. Most sessions run for 1 hour, but we can accommodate shorter sessions if needed.
If you are a young person with a care experience that is interested in being involved in CREATE’s conference, please reach out to your local state team to discuss options for your involvement and ensure you apply for a grant to participate.
A couple of things to note before submitting an EOI:
– All sessions must relate to out-of-home care, child protection, youth justice, or other matters relevant to children and young people in care or with a care experience.
– All presentations must be delivered in person. Our conference does not have remote videoconferencing capability this year.
– CREATE is a small not for profit organisation, so unfortunately we are not able to provide financial support for presenters. If your presentation is accepted, you will need to be able to cover the costs of your registration and travel.
– CREATE has a limited number of places on its conference program. We sincerely apologise in advance if your presentation is not accepted this year. Our selection panel will be assessing EOIs to ensure there is a good balance of topics and formats.
– We are not accepting EOIs for creative workshops for young people, as these spots on the program have already been filled. However, if you are interested in being involved in future conferences, please let us know.
Expression of interest submission close 5pm AEST Tuesday 14 November, 2023.