Abstract submissions have now closed!
Thank you for your enthusiasm to contribute to the Voices in Action: empowering young people for positive change Conference.
Abstract submissions have now closed and notifications of your submission will be made available in mid-March.
CREATE’s conferences are unique, engaging, informative and fun! Our Conference is attended by young people, carers, academics and key decision makers. We believe that presenting at a CREATE conference should be rewarding for everyone and we encourage innovation and creativity within the methods of presentation.
Presenters will be delivering their message to audiences that include young people who have a care experience, carers (both foster and kinship), decision makers who frame systems and researchers. CREATE’s diverse conference attendees allow a variety of opportunities to be offered and we encourage you to develop interactive, interesting and engaging presentations that can cater to this broad audience.
CREATE has received multiple presentations that highlight children and young people’s participation in decision making, positive change and empowerment.
A range of presentation types are available including forums, panel sessions, interactive workshops and poster presentations.
At this Conference, we are encouraging young people with a care experience to develop presentations to share with everyone. We will ensure a supportive environment and can assist you in developing this proposal.
Our Conference is all about creating positive change to improve the lives of children and young people in care.
Abstracts will be assessed by a panel that includes children and young people.
Successful presenters will be offered the discounted Early Bird rate for registration.
Abstract deadline dates
Authors notified of acceptance Mid-March 2017
Notification of Acceptance
Notifications of Acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author in mid-March 2017.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference proceedings. The Conference Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
The presenting author(s) will be required to register for the conference in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program. Presenters will be offered a discount rate for registration – this rate will be the equivalent of the Early Bird Discount. Deadline for Presenting Author registration will be advised once abstract notifications have been sent. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from the program.
General Policies and Requirements
- • All abstracts must be original work. An abstract should not be submitted if the work is to be published/presented at a major national or international meeting prior to Voices in Action 2017.
- • An abstract must contain sufficient information so that if published it will be a complete report independent of presentation. The text should not contain statements alluding to results or conclusions not presented within the text.
- • Submission acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract in the Conference proceedings publication.
- • The presenting author(s) will be required to register for the Conference in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program. Deadline for Presenting Author registration will be advised once abstract notifications have been sent.
- • All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission facility. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the Conference Managers at email@example.com or phone: +61 2 9265 0700 for further information.
- • All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Abstracts will be accepted and published only if submitted according to the guidelines provided.
- • There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual.